We Are Hiring – Senior Program Manager
May 11, 2021
The Senior Program Manager (SPM) will be responsible for the successful implementation and management of major programs within the Community and Economic Development (CED) division at Detroit Future City. The CED division is the backbone support for the Detroit Neighborhood Housing Compact (the Compact) whose central goal is to increase the availability of stable, healthy and affordable single-family homes for both renters and homeowners in Detroit. Under the umbrella of the Compact, CED convenes stakeholders, develops reports and tools, pilots projects and fosters collective action. Responsibilities will include support on all CED projects, with an initial focus on strategy development for the Compact and the launch and management of the Rebuilding Home Together (RHT) program. The RHT program will provide training and technical assistance to strengthen the capacity of non-profit community development organizations (CDOs) to purchase, renovate and sell single-family homes to new homebuyers. Under general supervision from senior leadership, the Sr. Program Manager will work collaboratively with CDO partners, Detroit Land Bank Authority, City of Detroit Housing and Revitalization Department, and banking and lending partners to ensure proper program design, implementation and compliance with all federal regulations, and reporting.
- Supports the convenings, communications and strategy development for the Compact.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of all local and federal regulations, including CDBG, governing RHT.
- Actively manage all aspects of local and federal guideline compliance including Detroit Future City’s responsibilities and assisting the CDO partners with any compliance needs or challenges.
- Maintains records, documents, and files for project implementation and reporting.
- Supervises Rehab Specialists and other technical assistance providers to ensure that all rehab projects are completed correctly, within budget, on time, and meet all local and federal regulations.
- Maintains effective working relationships with the community to which assigned and maintains partnerships with local agencies and organizations to improve the impact.
- Actively manages the procurement, hiring, and implementation of training or technical assistance providers used during project once hired.
- Assist with any ongoing or new fundraising efforts.
- Any other responsibilities deemed necessary for the successful operation of RHT.
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience in community development, housing development, single-family rehabilitation, homebuyer programs or related fields.
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience with the management of complex programs and projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Public Policy or related fields, desired.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess The Following Skills And Qualities:
- Experience working on federally funded programs, particularly Community Development Block Grant (CDBG).
- Experience designing, leading and managing successful programs.
- Experience with public speaking, community engagement processes and meeting facilitation.
- Experience managing a team and partner relationships.
- Experience administering consultant contracts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well organized and detail conscious; excellent project management skills.
- Able to work independently and handle multiple responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Team player able to work effectively with diverse colleagues.
- Passionate about Detroit and the mission of Detroit Future City.
The deadline to apply is May 31, 2021. Please apply here. Please add your Resume/Cover Letter into the file upload space.
Work Hours: 40
Physical Requirements: Some job duties require employees to bend, stoop, reach, stand or walk for extended periods. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Compensation And Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience
- Medical, dental, vision, life/AD&D insurance plans, and long-term disability
- 401k Savings Plan with a match
- 20 PTO days per year
- 15 paid holidays per year